Christopher J. Norman
Phone: (856) 784-8500 ext. 16
Christopher J. Norman joined the firm in 2019 as a senior associate with 27 years of legal experience in matters involving local government in New Jersey. He presently serves as solicitor for numerous municipalities, planning boards, zoning boards and as special municipal litigation counsel throughout Burlington and Camden Counties. Mr. Norman also concentrates his practice in real estate and land use development, and matters involving civil litigation. He is admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey, the United States District Court and the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Norman has extensive litigation experience in the New Jersey trial and appellate courts involving complex land use matters of significant public importance.
Mr. Norman graduated from Fairfield University in Fairfield, Connecticut in 1988 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Dayton School of Law in Dayton Ohio in 1991.
He has served for ten years as Associate Counsel for the New Jersey Planning Officials (NJPO) and has had several articles published in its monthly newsletter.
- First Amendment Regulation of Billboards: Is The Third Circuit Charting A New Course?, The New Jersey Planner, Vol. 73, No. 5, September/October 2012
- Fair Share Housing Center Employs Full Court Press on New Jersey Municipalities, The New Jersey Planner, Vol. 76, No. 4, July/August 2015
- Does a Planning Board Have Inherent Authority To Impose Reasonable Hours of Operation on The Granting of Site Plan Approval?, The New Jersey Planner, Vol. 77, No. 1, January/February 2016
- Board Member Representation of Personal Interests: Need For Reform, The New Jersey Planner, Vol. 76, No. 5, September/October 2015
- Should A Board Member Be Permitted To Appeal His/Her Own Board’s Decision?, The New Jersey Planner, Vol. 77, No. 6, November/December 2016